Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional indemnity insurance helps you cover costs involved in a range of situations including unintentional breaches of statutory acts, claims from employees for workplace injuries and damage to property.

Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance

Comprehensive Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance

Protect yourself and your business with professional liability insurance for New Zealand business owners.

Insurance against employee injury or misconduct claims, cover against cyber-attacks and theft by employees, and cover against damage to property or third-party injuries.

Ensure you have the right liability insurance in place with help from Bridges Insurance Services; based in Hamilton, working with businesses in the Waikato and throughout New Zealand. Liability insurances are varied and complex no matter how large or small your business is. Bridges Insurance Services can advise you on the most competitive options available while ensuring that you have full protection against mistakes or allegations that could harm your business.

Although you might think you don't need it, professional indemnity insurance can be just as important as other areas of business insurance like business assets insurance and commercial vehicle insurance. Contact Bridges Insurance Services to discuss your options or to arrange a business liability insurance quote.

Types of personal and business liability insurance

There are several types of liability and professional indemnity insurance and you may require some or all of them depending on your organisation's set up and your role within it. Trust Bridges Insurance Services to ensure you are protected with professional indemnity and liability insurances.

Liability insurance is there to cover you should the worst happen, so you want to know that you are well protected. As independent insurance brokers, Bridges Insurance Services offers you access to a wide range of NZ-based insurers to ensure you are getting the right policy for your circumstances.

Our experienced team can also advise you on a complete range of insurance policies including business insurance, fleet insurance, public liability insurance and farm insurance. You can also talk to us about insuring your personal assets including house, contents and car insurance.

Cover can be arranged for
Public liability

Covers your legal liability and any costs for defending damage to property or injury resulting from your negligence.

Statutory liability

Covers unintentional breaches of certain statutory acts including legal costs, reparation and possibly fines.

Employers liability

Covers compensation claims and legal costs to defend cases from employees who have alleged workplace injuries or illnesses that are not covered by ACC.

Professional indemnity

Covers losses where someone has suffered a financial loss following an error or omission in your advice.

Directors & officers liability

Covers unintentional breaches of fiduciary duty while running a company.


Covers hacking attacks or breaches of privacy and data theft and may require specialist cyber-attack insurance.

Associations liability

Covers anyone involved in community groups or charitable trusts and includes professional indemnity insurance and trustees’ liability cover.


Covers theft of company assets or money by employees.

Legal defence costs

Covers legal expenses to defend claims against you including alleged workplace misconduct and criminal prosecutions.

Environmental liability

Covers the policyholder for their legal liability arising from bodily injury, property damage and environmental damage caused by pollution incidents that occur when providing services.

Carriers liability

Covers liability under the Carriage of Goods Act.


We have outlined some common insurance questions to help you understand insurance better.

What do I need to do if I need to make a claim?

Please give one of our friendly claims team a call or complete a claim form through the website and we will be in touch. Make a Claim Here.

What fees do you charge? How do you make your money?

For most policies, we are remunerated by the insurer when you take out cover arranged by us. This includes renewals and changes you make throughout the year. 

The remuneration we receive is a percentage of the company premium & company natural disaster premium you are charged. All other levies, Government charges and taxes are collected without us earning income on these.

In addition, to enable us to provide you with a high level of service we may also apply an Administration Charge which will be shown on your invoice.

What is a Duty of Disclosure?

When you enter into a contract of insurance you have a legal duty to disclose to the insurer all facts that are material to the risk. This would include all information you know or could reasonably be expected to know that would influence the judgment of a prudent insurer in accepting or declining an insurance risk or in fixing the premium or terms or conditions of the contract.

We are here for you.

Don't leave your assets unprotected any longer. Talk to us about our insurance packages. Our team are here to help you with that little bit of piece of mind. No need to worry, we have you covered.

Ready to get a free quote? Fill out our online form and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.

Find your insurance broker today

Take our quick quiz to find the right insurance broker for your needs.